Training & support
For most people, running your own business can be a daunting proposition. Not at Marston’s though. From practical training sessions to strategic development workshops, we provide everything you need to get you settled and raring to succeed.
All of our self-employed Pub Partners get access to the guest experience management tool, Reputation, free-of-charge.
Reputation is a centralised, easy-to-navigate platform designed to enhance the customer experience, improve a business’s online presence and help publicans to connect with the communities that matter. The platform not only provides our publicans with guest insight but provides actionable insights to help them anticipate the needs of their customers and communities.
Bespoke training software
All our Pub Partners get access to our FREE Learning, Development and Training platform Campus.
The package (worth around £300) includes:
- Webinars and over 40 e-learning courses, including health & safety, food safety, fire safety & allergen training, to keep you and your business safe and compliant
- Self-directed learning opportunities through our ‘Discover’ section – including podcasts, Training Record Cards for pub teams – providing you with annual records for EHO, Licencing or any governing bodies
- Bespoke training, guides, and courses to help with the day-to-day operations of the partner’s business such as operational, systems, events, recruitment, inclusion, leadership & development support tools
- Event and training course booking systems
- Apprenticeship enrolment assistance
- Certificates upon completion of courses for team members
- News Feature, sharing Learning and Development news with our partners
We are completely committed to growing our partnerships and we regularly ask for help. Our ‘Your Voice’ online engagement survey is a chance for Pub Partners to share their views and help shape their experience at Marston’s. Completing the survey will help us to understand what’s going well and what we need to get better at. It’s completely anonymous, and it takes around 15 minutes to complete. It is hosted by our engagement partners, Workday Peakon. Pub Partners have their own Peakon App, with a personal dashboard to access their own feedback at any time. Business Development Managers can acknowledge and respond to comments and action plan through the Workday Peakon platform, Pub Partners anonymity is always protected. The survey will have questions on a variety of topics, including partnerships, reward, recognition and professional growth.
Our Pub Partners are armed with fantastic marketing support to ensure they get the most out of their business, with tools for success.
- Access to our online printing platform – ‘Pub Print’ with up-to-date activity packs and the ability to design bespoke point-of-sale materials
- Access to a wealth of Trusted Partners offering discounts for all suppliers and services
- Sales Driving support and ideas
- Business tool for sales growth
Some of our agreements also include:
- Free annual membership to British Institute of Innkeepers (BII)
- A range of networking events and our coveted Pub of the Year Awards show
- And coming soon… our Energy Savings Club