If the answer is not below feel free to contact us here.

We love to talk.

What’s my ‘personal licence’ and how do I get one?

Before you live the dream of running your own pub, you’ll need to hold a personal licence. It grants you the right to sell alcohol in the pub and we can help you to get yours through the British Institute of Innkeeping www.bii.org/

I’ve never even pulled a pint, let alone run a pub. Can I do it?

Running a pub is like running any type of business; it starts with delivering a great experience for your customers, but also involves leading your team, marketing your business and managing stocks and cash effectively. So you’ll have to think about what you’re good at already and what you’d need to learn if you wanted to do it. We’re all about empowering you to live the dream though; things like ambition, skills and commitment are much more important to us than qualifications or experience when deciding who’ll be a successful partner to work with.

Is there a lot of money at stake?

We have different types of agreements available, dependent on how much money you have to invest. The good thing is, you can become a pub partner from as little as £360 in legal fees and a security deposit of £5k. However much you have to put in, our Area Operations Managers will help you to work out the best arrangement for you.

I don’t think I have enough money. What now?

The lowest investment we offer is a £5k security deposit plus £360 legal fees. We offer two agreements for this investment, our Retail agreement or Foundation agreement. If you don’t have the available capital but are determined that the pub life is for you, well there’s nothing stopping you talking to us to see how we might be able to help.

Do I have to buy my pub’s drinks from Marston’s?

That kind of deal is called a ‘tie’ and we do like you to have some degree of tie to our award winning products, of course. There are different types of deals available, which offer you varying degrees of freedom, based on your investment. Whichever deal you take with us, you can be sure they’ll all give your customers access to the beers they know and love.

Will Marston’s take care of maintenance and repairs?

Some of our agreements will see us taking care of all the repairs, while others will see us sharing that responsibility with you. This will be explained to you during the recruitment process. Our pub partners are left to take care of the general upkeep of their business. Cleaning, line cleaning and keeping your equipment in good working order will all be your responsibility. It’s not the most exciting part of running a pub business but is vital to the customer experience and will ensure they keep coming back!